Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sorry I haven't exactly been updated with Rachel's letters of late but I finally got to posting so here is all of the letters and pictures from the month of April. (:

Well as for work in the area things are going well! Jason Hatt was baptised this last Saturday, and confirmed on Sunday. It's funny because when Selene was baptized her entire life fell apart. We knew it would happen, the adversary always works hard against something as important as baptism. For Selene her trials, however, were an opportunity for her to show her faith and commitment to God, and she passed the test with flying colors :) (No shocker there). As Jason's baptism approached this last week, I kept asking myself, when will the trial come? Everything was going so smoothly... which, from my experience, is not typical! We didn't see any problems until the day of the baptism, but like clock work- they eventually came. Haha. At first we weren't supposed to be able to come- but we all prayed that God would open a way and he did. We were able to switch a shift last minute with another companionship so we could go to the baptism. But then Brother Tonga, who is Jasons life-long friend and was supposed to baptize Jason, had his flight re-routed last minute. He was out of town and was supposed to be back by 3- but with the re-route of his flight he wasn't going to make it back in time for the baptism. We had to get someone else to preform the baptism. Then Sister Crystal and I, who have been to church a million times, somehow ended up on the wrong free way- wasted tons of miles and gas and ended up being half an hour later than we planned. We were supposed to be there early to set things up, but we got there just as they were starting the opening hymn. Hahah.... oh man. Luckily our ward is amazing, and they didn't need us at all. The Ceremony was beautiful, and the confirmation the next day was even more touching. The grattitude the Lord filled me with was so tender. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the peace, the joy and the clarity he offers us. I am grateful for how willingly he answers prayers. I know he loves us. I know Him personally, He is my Savior and friend. Oh how great is my joy to be able to say such words! How great is His mercy that allows me to utter such things- the atonement is in everything. Of this I bear witness, in the name of Jesus Christ amen.
I love you so much!!! Thank you for all you do. :)
P.S. I'll try and send pictures next week- forgot my camera this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment