Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'm in Lawrence Kansas. It's a college town- KU is here. People keep telling us that it's the most liberal place in all of Kansas. It's definitely different than where I last was. In my last area, everyone believed in God- I may be met 1-2 people that weren't sure if they believed in Jesus Christ. Here.... most people aren't sure. They believe in a higher power, but they don't know what that means. I love laboring all day long to convince people through the power of the Spirit that Jesus Christ is their Savior. Sister VanCamp and I have walked away from people so spiritually drained from doing all we can to help people understand Jesus Christ as their Savior. It's deeply satisfying to know that you did all you possibly could to help them gain a witness of Jesus Christ and to know that they were given a fair chance. That's what I hope for- that everyone I talk to is given a fair chance, that I labor with all my heart to make sure that they fully understand what I've said and they've felt the spirit witness to their hearts the truthfulness of our message. Then it's up to them as to whether or not they accept that witness. Our job is to bring it, and do all within our power to help them.

We met a woman a few days ago and started teaching her about the restoration. She said she used to have a firm belief in God but she hasn't for a while- due to trials. We talked with her and testified of the truthfulness of the gospel. She was really closed off when we first walked up to her, but after a while she opened up and really listened to what we had to say. After the lesson we invited her to church she said she'd come. Her fiancé said, "Wow. That's a miracle. She's refused to set foot in a church for 8 months." It was such a neat experience. Little miracles like that happen all day long, I could never write them all. It's amazing to see hearts soften and open as they feel the spirit of the Lord.

I know this truly is the Lords work. I know Jesus Christ is our living God, and He as well as His atonement is in the details of our life.
I love you and hope all is well!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment