Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 23, 2012
Our apartment is great- because we live in a member’s home. It's really well taken care of. Clean etc. I love it, much nicer than the last place. Haha. I love the spirit that is in our room. We don't spend much time there but when I come home at night I can feel a difference of spirit as soon as I walk into that room, and it's because it's a holy place. It was interesting to go from being at the V.C. for 6 hours a day to being on the streets for 12 hours a day. The V.C. is sacred and there's a special feeling there. I studied and served in a 'temple-like' atmosphere for 6 hours and I could noticeably tell the difference when I came out full-pros. Now our room, or members homes, become like the V.C. for us. :)

Anyways things here are going awesome! Lawrence 2nd ward is really catching the fire of missionary work. About a month ago Sister VanCamp and Sister Graph fasted that the wards would catch the fire of missionary work. Then about 2 weeks ago Sister VanCamp and I were studying and while we did the Spirit gave us a very specific promise that that the Lord was preparing people in the lives of our members to hear and accept the gospel, and he was willing to prepare more people according to their faith. We both felt the spirit powerfully confirm that to our hearts. After we received that very specific promise from the Lord, we knew we needed to meet with our ward leaders and tell them what the Lord was willing to do for our area. We started talking about how to relay this promise from the Lord to our ward, and again we received very specific instruction. We met with the Bishop and the Relief Society president Sister Pomeroy. (I told you about her last time) As we talked the spirit was powerful and instant inspiration started coming. She took our ideas and met with the Relief Society board and instantly started getting the ball rolling. She came to us the other day and said that for a long time she felt she had been missing something. She said I kept telling the bishop, "we're missing something... we're missing something." and he would say, "you're doing everything, I don't know what more you can do?" She looked at us in the eye and said... "This was it. It was missionary work. I met with the ward council and told them this was what we were missing. They listened, were quiet for a minute and then said... 'you're right.' we haven't been doing missionary work." So now they have us so busy it's insane. We're speaking on Sunday, teaching the 5th Sunday lesson,  helping out in the Primary and planning 2 ward functions for the month of August. Hopefully soon we'll be busy teaching their friends- we've already started with a few of them. It was a miracle how it all worked out; even to the days we're doing our ward party's.

We also are teaching some amazing people. Including a Methodist minister and his wife. Last time we met Sister VanCamp said 'what would it mean to you to know that Jesus Christ church has been restored to the earth as we've explained?" He said... "I've been thinking about that a lot. What would it mean? It would mean my church holds no authority. It would mean I would lose my job, house, career... everything. But I'll do what the Lord wants, and if he tells me this is true than I'll follow it." They agreed to be baptized September 8th if the Lord answers them and tells them this is true. :) So awesome.

Well I better get going. I wish I could tell you all the stories and miracles we experience from day to day... but there's not enough time. I love you all SO MUCH. I know this is the Lords work, and I am merely is instrument. I'm grateful he allows me to participate, and because he's given me the stewardship to progress the work in this area of His vineyard, I know it means I must give everything- not just now, but all the days of my life in the service of our King. I think of the song, "Sweet is the work my God, my King! To praise thy name, give thanks and sing. To show thy love by morning light, and talk of all thy truths at night."

Love Sister Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment