Thursday, July 5, 2012

Well things here are going really well. We're experiencing so many miracles in our area right now. We're really learning how to work with members, and right now we're teaching people who are all friends of members- it's by far the best way to go. It's hard to go back to tracting etc. on the days we don't have things set up, because I know it's not nearly as effective.
 
All the people we're teaching right now are sincerely progressing. It's so great :) It's amazing to see how the Lord has prepared the way for us to get to this point. Months ago we felt impressed to help the ward become John's (Matt) family. Then we received the impression to have him at a family home evening every week. We started doing these things and a few months later received the impression to start having ward members pray for John and other investigators. We invited several of them to fast with us on Sunday for our Investigators. I originally thought this was all simply for John. The other day, however, the Lord showed me that he's used John and these experience to excite our ward about missionary work, to get them involved in it. Now because of that, we are teaching several of our ward members friends, and we have several other people who want to invite their friends to take the discussions with us. The Lord has done great things in our ward and area. I am so grateful to have been able to see it.
 
Well I better get going, but I love you and I hope all is well.
I know that this church is true, and that God loves His children. His mercy towards us is great. I often feel like I can't be grateful enough for the blessings we see from the Lord. I know Jesus Christ lives, and I know we can develop a very real and personal relationship with Him as we strive to become like Him- for light cleaveth to light, virtue to virtue.
 
Mosiah 25:10
"And again, when they thought of the immediate goodness of God, and his power in delivering Alma and his brethren out of the hands of the Lamanites and of bondage, they did raise their voice and give thanks to God."
 
Remembering God's goodness gives us the power to praise Him and find our hearts begin to change.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment