Friday, March 29, 2013

February 11th
Hi! Happy Valentines day... in a few. Thank you so much for the poster! I loved it and dug into the hot tamales right away. Also Sami thank you for your letter! I loved it.
Things here are going great! :) I'm very happy and my companion and I are being blessed so much. She's amazing. I'm touched by her spirit and sincerity every single day. The Sisters I work around are all SO good. I've been blessed my whole mission to constantly be surrounded by simply amazing Sister missionaries and Elders.
 
This Sunday we got our friend Carl to come to church. He's 89 years old! We've been teaching him and trying to get him to come to church. He always tells us, "I'm too old to change." We tell him "you're never too old to change." When we tell him he needs to be baptized he always says, "Now I've already told you, I've already been baptized." We always respond with "and what do we always tell you Carl?" Then he says.... "You'll have to tell me again." Hahah. He's great. One lesson we were inviting him to church and he said, "next week." We spent about 10 minutes testifying of the importance of acting now, asking questions and reading scriptures about procrastinating the day of your repentance. Afterward he said, "well now I feel bad." We told him that was good, he could use it to change. Then I said, "So Carl, will you come to church this weekend?" He said, "Well no. I already told you I wasn't coming." He reminds me of Grandpa Barnes. But this Sunday he came!!! It was so great to see him sitting up there with his cane listening to the speakers.
 
We also are teaching another man named Carl. He's always worked on Sunday. We taught him to keep the sabbath day holy last week. We knew it was going to be a hard lesson and that we needed to be spiritually prepared to labor with our hearts to communicate God's message. To be honest I went in feeling almost weary with the task ahead- we prayed to be equal to it. The lesson went so well! The spirit was so strong. He started off telling us he couldn't be baptized into the church if we required him to come every Sunday. By the end he said he would act in faith and either find another job or trust God to work something out with his job.This Sunday he showed up and said that he told his boss he wouldn't be working Sundays from now on because he would be attending church. At first his boss told him no. So Carl said "then you'll have to write me up, because I'm going to church on Sunday." He said that his boss has now told him he can have every Sunday off. The Lord blesses us when we act in faith to keep his commandments. I'm grateful for the faith Carl showed.
 
Things are going well here in Liberty, MO.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
P.S. sorry this letter was short.
Love Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment