Friday, March 29, 2013

February 25th
Hi mom! I love you too! I'm so excited for Barnes to go on his mission. How neat will that be. Things here are going well. It's a busy p-day I had a lot of meetings so I won't have a lot of time to email. The neat story for the week is that "revelation rains." Sister Hansen and I have received a lot of inspiration about things we need to do here at the Jail. to make it better for our guests and bringing people closer to Christ. We knew what we were receiving was right and inspired of God. In the end when we were about to roll our all of our changes and plans, we felt impressed to wait. Confused, we did. This morning we had a meeting with the department from Salt Lake and they told us about changes they wanted to make. Down to exact and small details they were the exact changes Sister Hansen and I had been inspired about. It was amazing. We're now ready to immediate apply what was taught because the changes have already been drafted up specific for our Liberty Jail. It was amazing and such a testimony builder. President Keyes taught us months ago that revelation rains, meaning when it comes it falls upon everyone involved. He talked of an experience where he felt impressed to incorporate specific training meetings into our monthly agenda. He hadn't applied the changes yet, when 1 month later Salt Lake said we needed to have training meetings once a month covering the exact things President Keyes had been inspired about. Revelation rains.

Things here are going swell! We have a baptism coming up this week. He is such an amazing man. He's the husband of one our recent converts. He's had to exercise a lot of faith and make some changes and he's done it all with amazing trust in God. The other day we stopped to visit him real quick and as we stood on the door he began to weep and tell us that he loved God so much and was so grateful for all the Lord had done for him, and he just wanted to do all he could to follow him. :) It was such a beautiful and tender moment.

As for what to do when you come. I don't know yet, but I'm down for some good barbeque. I might suggest a closer destination that is apparently the best barbeque around. It's about an hour a way, it's a little gas station, but at lunch the lines are out the door. I was thinking it would be neat to invite Kim and Wendy to meet us for a few days out here, it sure is closer than  Utah. I could show them a little of what I've done in the last year or so. ;) and we could plan some activities they might be interested in. Just some food for thought.
As for BYU, I'm not sure when registration day is- I think it's probably after I get home but if you could call and find out from the office if there is anything I need to be aware of in order to register for fall semester that would be great. Thank so much!
I love you!
Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment