Friday, March 29, 2013

View P1010018.JPG in slide show
View P1010040.JPG in slide show
View P1010028.JPG in slide show
Hi mom! Things are going really well here. I love hearing the updates things sound great. Yes I got Mary's letter and yours and just loved it! I keep forgetting to tell you but everyone in our immediate family can email me from their own emails if they want. I can email them back as well- might make letters and keeping in touch easier. That's so amazing about Dani's call. How great will it be to have the four of us all on missions at the same time!!! I can't wait for it! Too bad it will be so short lived. I have no idea what my release date is, sorry. I just know it's the end of May. I'll find out eventually I'm sure. I laughed about Barnes and his calling. Sounds like quite the challenge. That's great Barnes is knocking doors, that was such a HUGE blessing to me. It's really neat because here at the Visitors Center we have a phone center where we call referrals from members. We're supposed to be doing that half the time we're at the jail. When I got here it wasn't being done at all. It's amazing to see how Heavenly Father gives us talents and experiences to further his work. He's helped me and another Sister really catch the vision for what can happen here at the jail and we've really been working to help the other sisters know how important these referrals are, and how to call them. In the last three weeks, out of the people we've been calling, 13 of them have agreed to meet with missionaries and 2 of them I'm regularly keeping contact with over the phone. Miracles are happening everywhere. I just love it! Yes I do a half/half day like we did at the V.C.
Here's another miracle. There is a woman named Alma who just moved into our ward. She's blind and she's trying to re-activate and get back on the gospel path. When we met her one of the first things she told us was that she had to leave her braille Book of Mormon back in Colorado. She expressed how sad she was that she could not read the scriptures. Getting/shipping a braille copy of the Book of Mormon is not an easy endeavor. It comes in 6 HUGE books. Well fast forward a week or so later to our p-day. We were at an LDS book store, and just leaving when the owner stopped us. He said, "you sisters don't by any chance know someone that reads braille do you?" We told him yes and he said "Well I just inherited a braille Book of Mormon and there's no way I can sell it. Do you think there is any chance they would want it?" My mouth just fell open. Was this for real? Sister Wilson replied instantly, "Yes that would be great!!" He took us to the back and loaded us up with the Book of Mormon. It took all my strength to carry the books home. When we took the books to Alma the next day we told her that this was a Book of Mormon hand-delivered from her Savior Jesus Christ, it was a gift from Him to her.
Also, the baptism and confirmation yesterday went wonderful! Heather is so great. She bore her testimony at a devotional we had last night and told the story of how Jesus Christ answered and helped her through everyone of her questions and trials leading up to her conversion to the gospel. She talked about how the day before her baptism she knew she would be worried and nervous so she went down to the V.C. and prayed for peace and strength. She said she just sat there for a few hours and was overwhelmed with peace. It was great to see her and her husband together Sunday after she was confirmed. They were so loving and happy together. She just beamed. I know Heather was baptized by the proper priesthood authority of Christ. She's joined His only true and living church. What a glorious and marvelous thing that is. What a bright future she has. I bear you my witness these things are true, and I am about the work of Christ as His missionary, so is Jessi, so will be Barnes and Danni. How great it is to live in this day and age, when the gospel rolls forth boldly, nobly and independent. 
In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

I'll send home the picture of all three of us holding one of the 6 books.
The video is me with Alma's son doing the "missionary handshake" (his handshake he likes to do with all the missionaries)
The other picture is from this morning. Hahah. I played soccer with the Elders and Sisters and didn't wear shoes. I didn't realize it was stinging my feet so bad until afterward as I walked to my shoes, I was like... my feet kind of hurt. Hahaha. I tried to pop them and they won't pop! I just love sports lol, we're going to go play again today at 3- maybe they'll pop then.
One is from the baptism
One is with the V.C. directors. They went home this week :( So we're getting new ones
One is from eating WAY too much chili-cheese fry casserole for dinner when we were at the jail one night. Lol. I was just so hungry!

P.S. Found my wallet. Really???? In my bag the WHOLE TIME. Ya. Don't want to talk about it. My companion and I both looked in my book bag like several times each. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment