Friday, March 29, 2013

 
February 4th
I'm so glad to hear Barnes was in the temple! I bet that was such a special experience!! Yay!! :) I got to go last week as well, how cool is that :) We went on a  Wed. First time in over a year. What an incredible experience it was to be back. So peaceful, and absolutely the house of God on the Earth.
 
I have very little time to email today, but here are a few stories/thoughts for you:
 
Story first. We were teaching a woman named Angela about the Book of Mormon. We had a different lesson planned but when we got there we felt impressed that we needed to teach her the power of learning from the Book of Mormon. So we switched gears and read where she was at 1 Nephi 8. We were directed by the spirit to get out peices of paper and all write down something we felt we needed from Christ that day- an answer to a question or a concern. Angela identified hers as did Sister Forbush, myself and our team-up. After we taught her the power of study journals, and wrote down our needs and desires. We felt very strongly that if we would kneel down together and pray to our Father in Heaven to answer our questions, that he would. We asked Angela to kneel with us and offer the prayer. Afterward we got up and in faith began to read. I tried to focus my attention on Angela, but I simply could not the spirit began enlightening my mind with answers to the deep questions of my heart. When we were finished I had received an answer, but I was not sure if she had. We asked her if anything had stuck out to her. She said yes, and went back and read us a verse that perfectly answered her concern, then she expounded to us why it related to her current situation. We told her that the Lord had answered our prayers. As we went around the room, we had all received revelation from God. How merciful He is!!
 
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" 3 Nephi 14:11
 
We wrote down what we had learned and then knelt back down in prayer to offer God grattitude for what He had done. We asked Angela to offer the prayer and be sure to sincerely thank our Father in Heaven for hearing and answering all of our prayers. What a miracle.
 
Next thought: I took a lady through the Liberty Jail and she said the most profound thing I've heard anyone say concerning that jail. She said that it was appropriately named, Liberty Jail. She said "This was truly a place of Liberty. It is only as we submit our will to the Lords, and surrender our life to Him, that we find true freedom." The symbolism in that building is profound. I hope you come to visit the area when the time comes so I can show it to you! :) Love you all have a good week!!!
 
Sister Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment