Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's starting to cool off here as well. I don't know how I feel about it. I've decided I absolutely love the heat, and despise the cold. My companion is the opposite. She's always like 'ugh it's so hot, I hate being sweaty...' I tell her she's really dramatic. But then when it's cold outside I find myself saying, 'ugh... I don't want to get out of the car... why is it so cold?? Turn the heat up!' Then she responds with, ..."wow... so dramatic." Seriously though... yesterday the church was so cold my bones ached... I felt like a 90 year old woman ;) haha. I like the idea of fall- I like wearing sweaters, changing leaves, drives in the canyon, back to school supplies, soups, hot chocolates. But as a missionary... I'd just rather be warm, and have the sun shine while I go talk to people lol. Lawrence, supposedly is a really fun place to be during the fall, however. It's full of tree's- so the leaves will be beautiful, and they have all sorts of festivals (not that we'll go to any).

The work here is going well! My mission has gone by really fast so far. I'm more than half way done, it's a weird feeling. I've learned a lot. It's funny how people learn so many different things on their missions. I was talking to a woman the other day, and I asked her what the biggest thing she learned on her mission was. She said, "I learned how to relax." I laughed, because I think that's one of the biggest lessons I've learned too. I know that's not what you would typically attribute to a missionary- but I'm learning that principle in the way I need it. I'm really recognizing my weaknesses and strengths and the Lord is helping me fine tune the strengths, and overcome the weaknesses. I'm very, very grateful- because I have many of them.

So one of the lady's we're teaching is so prepared for the gospel. I think I've mentioned her before. The most powerful lesson I've had on my mission, so far, was with her. I think I mentioned before that she was taught not to pray to God, but through Saints. In the last two lessons she has talked about how liberating it is to pray to God directly, and that she loves it. She's asked to say the closing prayer in our last two meetings. I love her so much! I wish we could see her every day.

I love seeing the Lord work with His children. I love seeing people progress and change. I know the Lord loves it more.

This truly is His work, this I know. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sister Lewis
Love you all!

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment