Sunday, October 7, 2012

We've had some amazing experiences with one of our investigators! Last week we were going to visit a woman in the ward. Before we got out of the car we said a prayer and I was filled with this burning desire to fulfill our purpose while we were there- I pleaded with the Lord that our visit could be effective and that His work would progress through it.

When we walked into her house she said "hello" and started walking back towards the door while saying, "one second, one of my friends wants to meet you." She walked outside and in a few minutes came back with her friend trailing behind. We sat down and started talking with her friend. She's had a very confused upbringing in regards to religion, and didn't understand that we can pray directly to God, and develop our own personal relationship with Him. We taught her that we don't need to pray through Saints, but that we pray directly to our Father in Heaven, and we close in the name of Jesus Christ, who advocates our prayer. She was amazed by the concept and the spirit was very powerful.

The next lesson we had, we planned on teaching the restoration of the gospel but the spirit told us to teach the plan of salvation instead. I've never been in a more powerful lesson, where someone understood the gospel so clearly. We taught by the spirit, and she learned by the spirit and so it was an incredibly edifying experience (D&C 50:17-22). When we taught the pre-existence and Adam and Eve she exclaimed, "Oh that makes sense!" We read 2 Nephi 2:23-25 with her and she said, "that just answered all my questions." When we taught about the resurrection of our bodies, and that through Jesus Christ our bodies would be whole and perfect one day the spirit was powerful. After I testified of the truth the spirit told me to stop speaking. I did. In the silence it settled more deeply into her heart and she began to cry. When it told me I could proceed we did, on through repentance and that through Jesus Christ we can become clean from sin. When we asked her what repentance meant to her she gave a perfect definition. We told her that is exactly what we believe. She said, "I didn't grow up being taught that... but confession never made sense to me." In the end of the lesson the spirit bore powerful witness to her heart and ours that she was a daughter of God with a divine nature, and this plan of redemption, is true.

She's amazing. Every time we have a hard day Sister Crick and I look at each other and say... well at least we get to see Eliza in a few days.:)

Anyways I better get going, but I love you all so much and I know this work is true.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment