Sunday, October 7, 2012

Things here are going well! I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Crick. She is wonderful and I love her. I have already learned a lot from her.
I wanted to share with you a quote I heard yesterday at church. I love it and know it to be true,

"A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things, never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation; it is through this sacrifice, and this only that God has ordained that men should enjoy Eternal life." -Joseph Smith, Lectures on Faith.

I know God will ask us to suffer, endure and sacrifice much- but it's all for the goal of helping us become like His son, who was willing to sacrifice all things. I know it is only through this humble submission to the Lords will that we find faith strong enough for the atonement to work the miracle of Salvation.

In the scriptures we are taught we are saved by grace after all we can do. When we do all within our power to serve and follow God, then will grace become 'as our day' and we will find our character and nature changing through the atonement of Christ the Lord, insomuch that we become holy and without spot.

We are also taught that repentance is the means by which the Savior finds the power to Redeem. The greater our repentance, the greater our redemption. The greater our repentance, the more we sacrifice, the more we labor with unwearyingness for our Savior, and the stronger our faith becomes; until like Joseph Smith says- it is strong enough to bring forth the miracle of salvation- for salvation is a miracle in every sense of the word.

I know this to be true, and I'm grateful for a kind and merciful God who teaches us of His ways, and intends for us to become like Him and enjoy all the blessings He has. It's the most humbling and tender thought my heart has ever contemplated. I am grateful for the gift of His son, my Savior and friend, Jesus Christ. Through Him is given the power of God unto Salvation, on conditions of repentance.

I hope all is well and I love you all so much. Thanks for all you do.
Love,
Sister Lewis

8/20/12

No comments:

Post a Comment