Sunday, October 7, 2012

Well things here are going well. I have a new companion named Sister Crick. She's wonderful, and teaching me a lot. I'm learning a lot about my weaknesses and strengths... and working hard to overcome my weaknesses. Sometimes it seems like as soon as I get a handle on one of them, the Lord shows me another. Lol. I guess it's part of the process...

We're teaching a family right now who is wonderful. The mother loves the Book of Mormon. She's already through 2 Nephi and she told us the other day that she was doing something, and then she remembered reading in the Book of Mormon that she shouldn't do it and so she stopped. She also told us how she was having a hard time with something at work and then she read something in the Book of Mormon that really comforted her heart, and she stayed up all night thinking about it :) Her husband has also never wanted to attend a church. But he likes this one and thinks it's good discipline for the children. We're working on helping them recognize the spirit and understand that this is our Saviors church.

I have been thinking a lot about how I know this is the Saviors church. I get asked the question a lot, and I never have a specific experience to tell people, because the Lord has told me from day one. I've always known, and it's been confirmed to my heart constantly as I grew up. As I pondered on this yesterday during Sacrament meeting I felt of the Saviors character, and of His goodness emanating from everything about the church- from the Sacrament, to the Temples. His goodness and character shines in all of it, and I know it is His. Because I know Him, I know this is His church. How I love Him, and yearn to serve Him and His children with all the purity and energy of my heart. I'm grateful for the atonement that gives me grace after all I can do. :)

Well I hope all is well with you!! Thank you for the letter. I love you all!
Sister Lewis

8/27/12

No comments:

Post a Comment