Sunday, January 20, 2013

December 10th
Hi!! Merry Christmas!

I'm so excited about Barnes papers!!! I don't want to wait. I might be more anxious for him than I was for me. lol. That's great that the Lord is continually helping him go. His tender mercies are wonderful aren't they? He is such a loving God. I want to be like Him. I'm glad to hear Kristina is recovering, and that Grandpa shouldn't be in the hospital too long. Tell him and grandma I send my love. Please give all of the familiy, Bairds, Grandpa and Jeannie, Derricotts, my love. I should get transferred a few days before Christmas. Transfers are on the 20th. That's hilarious about Samantha's gum. Tell her it will be something she can laugh about one day.

Tell Dad I love him and happy birthday! I was going to put his letter in here, but decided to write it and mail it home, so if I send it out today it should probably be there on Friday. I'm glad he had a happy birthday.

The baptism was wonderful! Brother Lillich, Arnold, is a good faithful man. On Thanksgiving he txted us, "I'm thankful for given the chance from God to try to be more faithful. I'm also thankful for you two for unlocking the truth before me." He's started on his family history, and we want to take him and some names to the temple next week. On Satruday when Arnold was baptized he came up out of the water and instantly gave his fellow-shipper, brother McCall a hug. Then as he waged through the water towards the stairs, he started to cry. He turned back around and gave brother McCall another hug. They embraced, and stayed that way for a while, crying. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. The Lord poured out his spirit on us. Then we went back to the room for a final talk and the welcomes. As one of the Bishop's counselor's was giving the welcome, the spirit impressed Sister Crick and I to bear our testimonies. 

We got up and shared the story of how the Lord had lead us to Arnold. We had been out in Lecompton visiting a less-active member. We were far from our home and hadn't eaten since that morning. It was around 6 o'clock at night. We had said a prayer that morning that if it was the Lord's will, he would provide us with dinner. As we were getting in our car to leave the spirit stopped us, and told us we were not done yet. We looked around trying to decide which house we were supposed to knock on. We were led to brother Lillich's home. We knocked on the door and he greeted us, instantly expressing interest to learn more. In a few short moments his cousin came to the door and said, "we're having a birthday party, would you like to join us for dinner?" 

As we shared the story with the group, we talked of the spiritual significance of that event. The Lord had lead us to him, and in response, he and his family had chosen to feed the servants of the Lord. God's hand was there every step of the way, and Brother Lillich willing responded to it.

The Lord sweetly settled into the room as we told this story, and then He blessed us to bear testimony of His restored church with great power. He was there, and He bore witness to every soul in that room that His church has indeed been restored, and brother Lillich had just become a part of it. As I looked from face to face I saw the spirit penetrate every soul, with the witness that this is Christ's restored church. It was quite a remarkable experience, and I felt the Lord with us. 

Things are going well. I love you all SO SO MUCH. Merry Christmas.
Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment