Sunday, January 20, 2013

November 18th
Hey! Wow That story is HILARIOUS. I feel bad for ANY man, that falls in love with ANY of the Lewis girls. Hahaha. (Except maybe Amanda)
Also I'm so excited for Barnes. That's so great that he has the priesthood. :) I love the pictures. Especially the one of him and Dad. I'm printing that off and hanging it up. :) I agree, I'm reading the end of the Book of Mormon and I can feel Mormon's prophecies as a warning for today. I wish I could show them to the leaders of our nation. Thank you for the update on all my friends. I'll write them soon. I'm sending Amanda a wedding gift I'm excited to make. I found an old wood box that I'm going to decorate and put a poem, with a picture of them on it. I'll send pics when I'm done.

This week was beautiful, as always. It's amazing to see how the Lord provides for all of his children when they choose to follow him. The Israelites were fed manna from Heaven. They didn't always see it as a blessing, but it was. Often we become distracted from our own 'manna' but when we follow the Lord he will always bless us with the things that we need. It does not mean we will not experience trials, but we will see his tender mercies evident in every aspect of our life. I've witnessed personally him bless and prosper his children the minute they turn to him. They still experience trials, but the tender mercies he pours out upon them are many.

Just the other night we were out tracting and we hadn't had dinner yet, we didn't want to stop working so we decided to just eat when we went back to the house at 9. We went to a house and talked to a man who told us to try his neighbor. After we finished talking with him we had another appointment to go to, so we had to rush off. We knew, however, that he was inspired to tell us about his neighbor- and we needed to go back. When we got to our appointment the family was making dinner and they invited us to eat with them. The Lord provided for us that night as we sacrificed for others. So fast forward a few more nights, and we were once again in the same place the same situation. We could try the man's neighbor, or go eat dinner. We chose to try the neighbor. She instantly invited us in and wanted to learn more. She told us she had a niece who married a mormon boy and she eventually was baptized into the church as well. We taught her about the restoration. It was a beautiful lesson where the spirit was very strong. At the end she said, "well if this is true I need to be a part of it." After we left her house we went to our next appointment, who was in the process of making dinner and invited us to eat with them. Again, the Lord provided.

Even though I don't know much about what's going on in the world right now, I've heard many people express fear at the coming day. People feel that our world is ripening with iniquity. They are seeing the consequences of a nation and even world that is choosing to deny the commandments of the Lord. I know, however, that we have no need to fear. Yes times will be hard, we will be called upon to make sacrifices, our faith will be tested, but the Lord will always provide for our needs if we are faithful to Him. I have a personal testimony of this.

It often seems like missionaries are provided for in miraculous ways, this is true. But it can be like this for everyone. The reason missionaries receive so many blessings is because they are consecrated to the Lord. Their work is His work, and so they are blessed that His work might progress. When we keep our covenants and consecrate ourselves to the Lord,  holding nothing back-  the Lord will provide. This is the law of consecration. He gives us what we need to abide in our stewardships. When we learn to live the law of consecration, having an eye single to the glory of God, we have no need to fear what will happen- the Lord will provide because our needs will be the needs of His Kingdom. His Kingdom does not fail. (D&C 104, D&C 59)

I love you all!!
Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment