Monday, January 7, 2013

October 28th‏
Hi!!
How are you all doing? That's so great that the girls met Sister Dalton! :) I bet it was such a wonderful experience. Sounds like all is well on the home front.

Things here are going great, as well. Zak's baptism was great- my favorite part is always the confirmation on Sunday. It was just an all around beautiful day. I am so happy for Zak, he's such a good kid and I can't wait for his relationship with Christ to open up even more now that he has the gift of the Holy Ghost. It will allow his understanding of the scriptures to increase, his knowledge of how and when to serve the Lord to increase, it will bring him comfort, guidance, it will help purify and change him. It's such a beautiful gift, I am so grateful the Lord has given us such a privilege.

This Sunday was wonderful we had a lot of people at church. As I sat in our gospel principles class I could smell heavy smoke and beer. It made me smile because I knew that people were on the road to repentance and change. We had a really good discussion in class about why we are obedient to the Lord, and how our willingness to obey him in all things is a reflection of our love for Him. I love the gospel principles class. Its funny because we always talk about the most simple and basic parts of the gospel, and it's usually the class I gain the most from. I want to attend gospel principles all my life... haha (think they'll let me?) On Sunday as I watched people come into Sacrament meeting I was filled with so much joy and reverence for the Lord. There were individuals there who have walked a very dark path, they've been places that few ever choose to come back from- and here they were sitting in the Lords only true and living church, partaking of his spirit, and patiently awaiting the day they can be baptized. I wish I could describe how it made me feel to see such a beautiful scene, but it would be like me trying to describe the color yellow. It can't be done, it has to be personally experienced.

Well I don't have much time today but I'm sending a few pictures, and I want you to know that I love you all very much!! :)

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment