Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 14th
Thanks for forwarding the letters! Jessi is hilarious. I'm excited to send her a letter. It did bring back fond memories of the MTC. They have the best granola cereal EVER in the south east corner I will have to tell her about- it's the only place to get it. lol. NO. I did not find my wallet. Shortly after I realized it was lost I knelt down and prayed and the spirit told me I was not going to find it (at least not any time soon) I still chose to scavenger the house and call every place I had been. God was right. No where to be found. It was a rough p-day!! I lost my license/credit cards/mission card/health cards/gift cards/fast offerings and the Lopez's Christmas check was in there. I don't know if they will want to cancel it or not. I'm pretty sure it got thrown away in my grocery sacks and is in a landfill somewhere. Who knows? I canceled all my cards, apparently it's going to take 90 days for me to get a new license so I can't drive. ugh. (P.s. mom, I have no idea where my Social Security card is. I'm praying it wasn't in my license. Can you look for it? I need it to get a new license. I know it's a mess. I'm going to fill out paperwork, and send it to you. Then you will have to take it to the DMV and get the license for me. They're also sending my cards to the house and you can then forward them to me. What's my balance on my card?) THEN. to top it all off I plugged my thumb drive into the computer and I let the virus protection scan it, and it deleted ALL of my mission pictures. Hahahaha. REALLY?! Oh man, I'm laughing to my self right now. It's so ridiculous it's funny. I think the Lord was teaching me how to have my heart set on him and nothing else. Like he said to Joseph Smith in the Liberty jail, "many are called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world." It's okay everyone... I have nothing worldly left to set my heart on. Hahah.

Things here are going great. I got a Voicemail this morning from the sisters in Lawrence and 7 of the investigators we found and taught in Lawrence are being baptized! They all had dates when I left, but the dates are now rapidly approaching and apparently they're all still on board. They take up almost every weekend from now to the middle of February so I can't go back to all of them :( but maybe a few. I'm just excited they're preparing to make covenants with their Father in Heaven. It's great!! We experienced SO many miracles in Lawrence, and I'm glad to hear they're still rolling. :D It's hard not to know how everyone is doing, so that voice mail this morning was wonderful. Things in the Liberty 1st ward are going well too! We have a baptism the 19th of January :) (which is when 2 people are being baptized in Lawrence) I don't think I can make all of them. Hahah but what a beautiful day it will be in Heaven!! Heather, who is being baptized here has been going to church for about a year now and taken the discussions 3 times. She's been ready for a long time and we're so excited to see her make promises with God, that will bind her closer to Him. Yesterday we also had a miracle finding moment. We felt impressed to tract a specific street. It was COLD. Cold with humidity is miserable. I have a serious hate for the cold. lol. Anyways we went through several houses and eventually found someone named Leena. She said she had lived in Utah for a while and that she had been very interested in the church there, but no one had given her a book of mormon or invited her to learn more. MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK FOLKS!! We have a call to hasten the work from a prophet of God. That wasn't just to the missionaries. That was to EVERYONE. We gave her one and she said she was so grateful to have one. We have an appointment to go back this next Friday. :) God knows all his children. One time in Lawrence we felt impressed to knock a specific street. We found a family who was reading the Book of Mormon! The husband and wife were both about half-way through. They weren't interested in having us teach them more, but it was a witness to me that God knows the events of everyone of His children, and he sent us there to offer them more, whether or not they were willing to accept it. It's wonderful to learn of his ways as He works through you.

Anyways I hope all is well. I am loving my mission, every aspect of it. Even the trials bring beautiful lessons to strengthen our faith and commitment.

Love you all!
Sister Lewis

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if anyone reads the comments here, but you should be able to recover the mission pictures. Just don't put anything new on the thumb drive and take it to a computer store or send it to me. Good to hear Sister Lewis is doing well!

    ReplyDelete