Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 7th
Well things here are going really well. We're experiencing so many blessings from Heavenly Father. We have a baptism planned for the 19th. We started teaching her the week I got here. She's had the discussions 3 times and is finally ready :) She's great. She didn't want to take them again lol, so instead we're having her teach us the lessons by asking her questions. She'll be very prepared. Hahah. We're also working with some other great families. I love serving at the jail there is such a special spirit here. In my set-apart blessing the Lord promised me that I would see the Visitors Center implement changes I suggested. He's inspiring my heart and mind with things that can change, and I'm excited for all of the things that can happen here if we all exercise faith. He's blessing me with His vision for the Visitor's Centers, and I'm so grateful to work in one. Here is a miracle that happened here the other day. There were some Elders working in an area almost an hour away. One of them kept feeling impressed that they should take a less-active family to the jail here. Every time the impression would come he would put it aside because of how far away the jail is. Finally he couldn't ignore the prompting any longer and they decided to come to the jail. They were just finishing up their tour and were in the exit room with one of the Sisters when Elder Simper (one of the Senior couples) came into the room. He walked over to Sister Altier and asked her if she knew how to speak sign-language. Puzzled Sister Altier said, no I don't. Elder Simper said, "That's too bad, we just had 4 deaf non-members come in and they want a tour." The Elder who had been having the impression to come to the jail, spoke up and said "I'm actually the sign-language missionary for the mission." He translated for them and they were able to take the tour. Miracles happen everyday when we're in the service of the Lord. He knows and loves us individually. How wonderful it is.

I love you all!!!
Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment