Sunday, January 20, 2013

November 5th
Things here are going well. For Halloween we weren't allowed to tract, they said to make sure we had appointments, and if we didn't to go visit members and LA, or part member families. We luckily had appointments all night so we just taught the gospel, it was great. Yes I might get transferred, I'll find out tomorrow. Most likely I'll be going back to the V.C. or the Jail if I leave. I think the Lee's will be okay. They have so many challenges and road blocks to overcome, but they always seem to make it through. There have been a few moments where I worried, but they always pull through. I pray that will continue. Sister Lee is ready to be baptized. She's amazing, she's so obedient and willing to do everything the Lord asks of her. She loves the Book of Mormon. She loves the truth. She bore her testimony yesterday and said, "I just want to give glory to the Lord, for teaching us the truth, for changing us. I give him the glory for sending us all of you, and for sending us the Sisters." The ward has been so amazing in fellow shipping them. Sister Lee has cancer and so she's having surgery on Wed. and the Sisters are taking her to the hospital, staying with her and taking her home. It's beautiful to see people find a safe haven in a world of chaos. It's more beautiful to see them progress and change through the atonement of our Savior. I've been privileged to see both happening here. I know that we are all alike unto the Lord. We all have the same need of our Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement. It's in the details of our lives. It's humbling to see the atonement work in my life and the life of those around me.

Also great news! Tonya said she'd meet with us again. This was one of the best moments of my week. It was such a good day, earlier that day Sister Crick had felt impressed to go visit someone in our potential records. I told her that person was in jail and not there anymore (Sister VanCamp and I had tried a few months back) She said, "I know but I just feel like we should go there." So we went... and when the door opened there she stood, out of jail and ready to have us start teaching her again! It was a miracle.

I'm learning that the more we push ourselves in the service of the Lord and do many good things of our own free will- being wise and faithful servants, the more the Lord will prompt and guide us throughout the day, because he will trust us to obey.

I also know that the Book of Mormon is the tool the Lord has given us to gather Israel.  If we prepare ourselves to wield the tools he's given us, he will give us tasks to accomplish. The more we study it, learn it, and are prepared to use The Book of Mormon for the purpose of the gathering, the more the Lord can and will use us. My challenge to all of you is to become masters of the Book of Mormon. Study it, search it, ponder it pray about it, immerse yourselves in the words of the Lord. Become prepared to use it in you conversations throughout the day. Be prepared to teach from it, to share it with anyone and everyone. If we are prepared, the Lord will bring people to us. We will become messengers of the covenant. The Lord will use us to fulfill His covenants, and in turn we will fulfill our Covenants to Him. After all, we are a Covenant people. As Covenant people we can let the new and everlasting Covenant, the Book of Mormon, do the work of the gathering, but we must first be prepared to use it. This work is real, of this I testify.

I know the Lord loves His children. I know he will lead us along if we exercise patience, faith and trust in Him. I know we can develop His love, if we follow all the subtle promptings of the spirit, and sacrifice our selfish nature for the benefit of others. He will gift us charity if we do these things.

Thank you for all you do. I love you all!!
Love Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment